Organization: Utah Afterschool Network
Under the direction of the Utah Afterschool Network (UAN) Executive Director and Director of Operations, the Center Based Program Specialist will provide support, technical assistance, coaching, and consultation to licensed and license exempt afterschool programs throughout Utah, with an emphasis on licensed child care centers serving school-aged youth.
The Center Based Program Specialist may also participate in and support various UAN and afterschool initiatives related to professional learning and development, statewide technical assistance efforts, policy development, marketing, and public awareness.
UAN works closely with partner agencies: Utah Department of Workforce Services Office of Child Care (DWS-OCC), Utah State Board of Education (USBE), and Utah Education Policy Center (UEPC) to increase the quality in afterschool and Out-of-School-Time programs that receive state or federal funding.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Conduct observations and evaluations in licensed child care centers and license-exempt afterschool programs to determine the level of consultation needs for quality improvement.
• Educate and support afterschool programs in the use of the program quality assessment tools, including Utah Afterschool Program Quality Assessment and Improvement Tool.
• Meet with child care and afterschool providers to create a quality action plan and set program goals.
• Provide ongoing consultation, training, coaching, and technical assistance to identified DWS and/or USBE grantees throughout the year.
• Demonstrate an understanding of afterschool program and child care centers best practices and proficiency in evaluation, theory of change, and consultation processes.
• Submit written reports detailing program consultation, notes, grant monitoring and tracking through Salesforce, an online customer management relationship platform.
• Travel to and consult with afterschool programs and licensed child care centers statewide.
• Provide feedback to programs based on observation results in a sensitive and positive manner.
General UAN Duties:
• Serve as a training resource to organizations and partners to sustain and expand out-of- school-time programs statewide.
• Serve as a resource to the DWS Office of Child Care and the Utah State Office of Education.
• Become a state expert and resource for the Afterschool Professional Credential.
• Become knowledgeable of the Program Quality Assessment (PQA) process and tools.
• Provide additional organizational support, such as social medial, communications efforts, and web maintenance.
• Maintain all appropriate budgetary documentation regarding travel and other work related expenditures.
• Follow UAN policies and procedures.
• Represent UAN in a positive manner.
*CLICK DOWNLOAD FILE UNDER JOB DETAILS BELOW FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS.
E-mail or mail a cover letter and resume by 5:00 PM on Monday, October 16th to:
Director of Operations, Utah Afterschool Network
254 S. 600 E. # 200
Salt Lake City, UT 84102