Organization: Canyons School District
Job Title: Job: Title I – Extended Learning Technology Assistant
Department: Student Advocacy and Access
Supervisor: Director of Student Advocacy and Access
Lane Placement: ESP Lane 4
Schedule 5 hr day /188 days Evaluation Group: JCES
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Under the supervision of the Title I School Principal, the Title I Extended Learning Technology Assistant will be responsible for supporting students and teachers with the after school computer-based programs (Success Maker, Reflex Math, Imagine Learning, Power Point, Word, etc.) The Assistant will be responsible for software management processes, teaching and supervising students in the lab and preparing monitoring data for teacher review. Additionally, the Assistant will support parent learning during Open Lab time or classes to ensure parents can access district and school web sites, instructional programs and Skyward Family. The Assistant will be responsible to manage AfterSchool Skyward, transportation, Nutrition Reports, and all data related to the Extended Learning Program for federal and state reports.
• Set up and manage students participating in the AfterSchool Program in SuccessMaker and other appropriate programs.
• Provide instruction and supervision to students using technology in the AfterSchool Program
• Provide data reports regularly to grade level PLC’s to monitor student mastery of standards. Work with teachers to adjust pacing, skill review or acceleration to meet each individual student’s needs.
• Work with the Extended Learning Facilitator and school administration to establish regular Open Lab hours or specific classes for parents
• Manage the Skyward site for the extended learning program, including enrollment, attendance, transportation information, and quarterly reports.
• Manage the technology tracking system for Snack and ensure accurate reports are
made on-time to Nutrition Services
• Support the collection, compilation and reporting of all data required for the Utah State Board of Education, Division of Work Force Services, Utah AfterSchool Network, and third party evaluators.
• Participate in and document the schools’ work with the AfterSchool Quality Tool
• Establish a systematic method of tracking and maintaining data required for various programs at the school
• Provide monthly progress reports to Principal and Director of Student Advocacy and Access
• Collaborates with all other school and district-based staff involved with technology to ensure aligned programming, consistent expectations and adherence to District Policies.
• Attends professional development provided through USBE, UAN, Title I, Canyons Technology Departments, etc., to learn expected procedures and to ensure compliance with data requirements.
• Supports all Extended Learning Program activities
• Supports all School-based programs as directed by the principal
Page 2 of 2
• Other duties as assigned.
• Requires a minimum of three years’ successful work experience
• Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Related work experience strongly considered.
• Requires excellent technology skills and strong attention to detail. Mastery of Word, Power Point, Excel.
• Familiarity with SuccessMaker, Reflex Math, SuccessNet, Imagine Learning, and Skyward helpful.
• Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, work independently, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.