Organization: NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE
Overview: This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Preschool/Youth Professional with a demonstrated ability to run a large scale, successful NAEYC accredited program. The Children’s program director creates policies, manages staff and oversees daily operations. The director is the lead administrator of the Children’s Program and manages interactions with staff and clients. They develop the curriculum and oversee its implementation. They are responsible to ensure the program meets complies with all safety and standards set by law. The Children’s Program Director will work in concert with the Board of Trustees and the Executive Director to keep Neighborhood House on the leading edge of industry trends and standards to support the mission and strategic growth plan of Neighborhood House as we launch into an exciting new phase of growth for our organization.
The successful candidate will be:
• An experienced educator and administrator
• Expert in the field of early childhood and youth development
• Creative and strategic thinker
• Driven toward excellence
• Budgeting – able to control expenses and generate revenue to meet bottom line goals
• Grant management – the ability to successfully track, record and evaluate program outcome measures and tell the story of your programs success.
• Supervise and lead a team to provide daily, year-round programs that serve the needs of our clients.
• Ensure all licensing, safety and accreditation standards are met and all requirements by law are up to date.
• Create and maintain systems to track outcomes, demographics, statistics and efficient functioning of the program
• Meets NAEYC requirements for Program Administrator i.e Has at least a baccalaureate degree with 24 credits in ECE, CD, ElEd or EC Spec Ed AND 9 credits in administration, leadership, or management or a plan in place to achieve.
• At least three years of direct administrative experience, including managing, supervising, budgeting, and systems management.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Demonstrated relationship building, networking and interpersonal skills
• Organized, detail oriented, and skilled at prioritization.
• Solutions oriented. Able to problem solve and develop answers with minimal direction, capitalizing on opportunities to learn and add value.
• Highly computer literate with a proficiency of Microsoft Office, and client tracking software database(s).
• Spanish fluency a plus
• Must be 21 years old and able to pass a background check.
How To Apply: Candidates who match the above requirements should submit resume, cover letter & three references to . Please put Children’s Program Director Position in the subject line.